So, I am from a town located about thirty minutes to an hour outside of Atlanta called Suwanee. Suwanee can be described as the quintessential suburban sprawl town. The geography of Suwanee includes a small town center with subdivision upon subdivision, and strip mall upon strip mall extending out of it, until it blends in to the next town. When I first moved to Suwanne it was considered to be on the outskirts of of the metropolitan Atlanta area. However, in the ten years that I have lived there 2 major shopping malls, and three knew schools have been built either around my home or north of it. There used to be woods surounding my neighborhood and fields with horses in them. Now, knew subdivisions have taken there place with no sign of stopping. All this knew development has not necessarily been a bad thing. Diverse groups up people are allways moving in bring with them knew cultures to explore, and with more buildings comes more activities for me to do and places for me to eat. Despite all the changes that have taken place to Suwanee in the ten years that I have lived there, there is still a sense of comradery and community that will never go away.
-Niall Longobardi
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment