Saturday, September 26, 2009

Library Resource - Adam Karabenli

I agree with the previously writen post. I grew up in Cobb County, and I've seen many incidences where historical battle sited are being consumed by suburban sprawl. In Marietta, there is a golf course (Marietta Country Club) that is partially built on a Civil War battle feild. Also, I live close to Kennisaw Mountain, another Civil War battle site where wealthy sprawling houses back up to the mountain's property.

I used the eJournal application on the Georgia Tech library website. I found an article, "A question of sprawl: Live in the past or plan for the future?" about suburban sprawl by The Globe and Mail (Canada). It talked about identifying that sprawl exists, and the need to plan smarter for the future. It gave the example of Ottawa, and how they are struggling from sprawl. Some of their consiqences are bad pollution from automobiles. It also talks about how the Ottawa City Council is making plans to better their problems arrised from suburban sprawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment