Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Neighborhood Evaluation Topic - Adam Karabenli

Like Niall, I also chose Atlantic Station for my neighborhood evaluation project. I also decided to add Home Park in as well. Atlantic Station is located just north from Tech. Home Park is located right south of Atlantic Station, and that is mostly a residential area.

Here's a video documentary / tour of Atlantic Station and Home Park:





I chose to write about Atlantic Staion because of its unique atmosphere, and I've been there several times. I would consider it a traditional neighborhood according to Suburban Nation. I agree, and Atlantic Station also complements my proposed criteria. Most everthing there is within walking distance, and the diversity is great. In addition, green spaces and the city square promote social interaction. In Atlantic Station there is always something to do, whether it be exercising, working, watching a movie, or eating out.

Map of Atlantic Station:

No comments:

Post a Comment