I chose a small neighborhood in Buckhead called "The Georgian." This small community is right off of Wieuca Rd and sits at a 5-10 minute walk to Lenox Mall. It's a small set of very nice homes, that are kept in pristine condition. In addition to being well lit and safe, the lawns are green and colorful, the houses are all a light brown brick with compliments of yellows, greens and browns, and it's an easy walk to get to all your needs. This neighborhood is close to almost everything, which is a big part of being a traditional neighborhood from Suburban Sprawl, and it is a nice addition in my opinion. There is a church, many businesses, and a very good mall all very close to the neighborhood. Also, it is a safe place to live and it has a great elementary school very close to it. There is also enough space to do anything from going on a run to going out in the yard to spend quality time with your family; that's a plus from both Suburban Nation and my own personal preferences. Honestly, I thought it was a really nice neighborhood, but I think it's too small for my taste. I was really attracted to many aspects of it like how well it was kept and its close proximity to everything, but I don't its for me and I want to keep my criteria the way it is.
-Paul DeVito
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Paul--a good start. What specific details might you have provided?
ReplyDelete